Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #1

Share |

Case cx130 hydraulic problem

Hi,
I recently purchased a used 2006 Case cx130 excavator and for the last few weeks I notice that after about 30 minutes work the hydraulic system shuts down and nothing works. If I idle down for like 10 seconds then resume work rpm's everything works again. It seems to happen more as the machine warms up and I am using more hydraulic controls. I can feel the hydraulics chatter just before it cuts out. I have adjusted and then bypassed the hydraulic safety switch while troubleshooting and the problem still occurs so I do not think it is the safety switch itself. Anyone have any Ideas?
Sculptedurns

sculptedurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Ayuh,... Have you changed the Filters,..?? Is the oil level up where it's supposed to be,..??

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #3

I have dealt with this type problem before and it sounds like fluid starvation.
This can be caused by several things, already mentioned, and also check for kinked or crushed inlet supply.
I might mention that years ago, I owned a Case Backhoe and it did as you described. I did everything I could think of and finally found the problem. It had a "loose" piece of metal in the hyd. tank and as it moved around would eventually cover the inlet hole almost entirely.
It just takes a lot of common sense and a little luck.
Check the simple things first.
Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:00 AM   #4

Thank-you for the good suggestions. I will follow up and check all the filters and see if any of the hoses are bashed in from the bottom or kinked. I already checked the oil level and changed most of the filters but not all. Their is one filter associated with the hydraulic accumulator that I did not change because I don't know if their is a special procedure to relieve the accumulator pressure or whatever before I open the system.
Sculptedurns
sculptedurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Household Handyman

Some, but not all, hydraulic systems have a metal mesh filter (actually a fine strainer) within the tank. I've seen these clogged up just enough to do exactly what your system is doing. Check for a "filter" within the tank, it may/may not be there. Good Luck, David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
Builder,Plant.

Send a message via Skype™ to uggoon

Hi Everyone, just joined. A case cx 130 gets a bit lazy on the hydraulics when hot. It has a KPS pump but which type.Its a 2004 machine. Regards Pat

uggoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, excavator, heavy equipment, hydraulic