DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

2005 Dodge brake wiring schematic

13K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dwallace 
#1 ·
Hi all, i am hooking up a brake controller to my 2005 Dodge Ram, 1500, 2 wheel drive, quad cab, 4.7. I used the generic diagram that came with the controller to find my cold/switched wire from the brake switch.According to the manual my wire should be white/tan, however, it seems that is constant power because it reads 24 volts at the trailer connector always. I know that i can put pins in each of the wires and depress the brake pedal and check the wires, but im getting old and my back hurts when im tucked under the steering wheel:( . Does anyone know what wire i should be using,or can someone point me to a diagram online. By the way, there are approx 6 wires in the harness.
Thanks

#2 ·
If your vehicle isnt equipped with a tow package you may not have the wire back there. Plus they arent on their own isolated fuses to protect the truck from trailer wiring problems and dimming due to load and length of wires. You may have to find the wire up front and run back.

#3 ·
All set

Thanks for the reply. I did have it right. My original tester must have been faulty. I hooked a 12V test light to the circuit and watched the light dim and brighten when the manual slide lever on the brake controller was used. Hooked up, and ready to roll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.