DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

2004 ford super duty won't start

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ponch37300 
#1 ·
:furious: 2004 ford super duty 6 litre diesel engine turns over but will not start. checked the fuel checked fuses checked for weak batteries, checked all I know to check. I was just hoping someone outhere has had a simular problem. please help

#2 ·
There is a ton of things this could be. Is this a cold related issue? If it is plug the truck in. You have two fuel filters, one on the passenger side frame rail and one on top of the engine, are they clogged or fuel gelled? Check your oil, if it is low it will not start. You can find your glow plug relay and use a big screw driver to jump the two big bolts on top to see if the relay is bad. You can ohm out your glow plugs to see if they are working with a multimeter. Here is a website that is awesome for ford trucks- www.ford-trucks.com The guys there can help you figure anything out and save a ton of money. I have a 03

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.