1997 OLDS Silhouette Low Pressure Port On A/c - Automotive Repairs - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 526

1997 OLDS Silhouette low pressure port on a/c

anyone clue me in on where to find location of low pressure port of a/c on this vehicle??I open the hood and all I see is this big black engine cover,,,cant see which is compressor or where hoses run. Not much space in a van hood to see much. They cant have hid it that much.

Advertisement

Last edited by 4just1don; 07-16-2011 at 05:03 AM. Reason: delete duplicate post
4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

I am not familiar with the Olds you own, but I would start at the firewall and find the tubes that connect to the expansion box. Then, follow the larger tube backwards. The low pressure port should be on that tube.

Not sure if you know this already, but it is the way I find them on any car that I am not familiar.

Also, I found this online:
Open the hood, look on the passenger side of the car. The AC lines should enter the body there. follow the lines back out... one of then will go straight to the compressor..... this one is the low pressure line, the port is on that line.

Advertisement

Last edited by Marty1Mc; 07-16-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: ETA
Marty1Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 526

I tried finding the compressor and cant even tell which is what in this crosswise engine with very little room and mostly covered with engine shield and wiper motor and box,,,sticks out so far can barely see alternator back in there,,,sure cant reach it tho.

did see ac hose coming thru firewall just behind the engine then the hose turns down and lost in the maze of junk in there. no port anywhere there.

somebody said check passenger side strut tower,,,cant see that at all,,,fuse box wiper box and washer tank take up all space,,,ever look under those short van hoods,,no room for nuttin.

noy woking out here so far,
4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1Mc View Post
I am not familiar with the Olds you own, but I would start at the firewall and find the tubes that connect to the expansion box. Then, follow the larger tube backwards. The low pressure port should be on that tube.

Not sure if you know this already, but it is the way I find them on any car that I am not familiar.

Also, I found this online:
Open the hood, look on the passenger side of the car. The AC lines should enter the body there. follow the lines back out... one of then will go straight to the compressor..... this one is the low pressure line, the port is on that line.
I think it's in front of the center of the radiator. Should be a light blue cap on it - or maybe black.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote