Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

1994 camry rear suspension/tires problem

I have a 94 camry sedan and every bump I go over the rear of the car has a noticeable jerk to the right. It has no problem when driving or turning otherwise; no noises or vibration. each bump causes a small wiggle to the right from the rear and I am wondering if a broken tire belt could cause this or a suspension/bushing problem? I recently bought this car so I do not know how long this problem has existed. Also, i HAD 2 NEW FRONT TIRES AND AN ALIGNMENT FROM A REPUTABLE PLACE AND THE TIRE PRESSURE IS AT 35 PSI BUT i NOTICE A SQUEAL WHEN STOPPING/TURNING...THIS PROBLEM WAS THERE BEFORE AND AFTER THE ALIGNMENT AND NEW TIRES ...ANYONE HAVE ADVICE? THANKS A LOT...MARK

marks5894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Have you or someone else gone under the car to have a look around? Check for a broken or cracked weld on the supports. To see if it's the tire, just switch it with one of the front ones.
Is the sound the same for both stopping and turning or is it different? Front discs can squeal and so can underinflated tires. You should check the tire pressure yourself.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

thanks ron6519, I just heard from my mechanic and he found a rear support arm ( stabilizer or sway bar) was bent so he straightened it and now seems 98% better...I need another alignment and should be okay...BTW, the tire press. was okay, it was all related to bent arm....thanks again
marks5894 is offline   Reply With Quote