Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

02 Trailblazer ABS

When I am coming to a stop around 5 mph the ABS will engage but no abs light. The other morning the light was on for a minute then went off and no light ever since. I know my front hubs are starting to make noise not sure if that could be the cause.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Louie

Lou.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #2

02 Trailblazer ABS

You more than likely have a bad sensor and bearing assembly.
the sensor will stop reading at low speeds and it thanks the tire is sliding activating the a b s

cjm94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Mad Scientist

02 Trailblazer ABS

I don't know if 2000+ models are improved, but the common Chevy ABS failure was due to the front wheel speed sensors being a little out of position. So in addition to replacing your hubs/wheel bearings as needed, the fix is to remove the sensors, clean up any dirt and/or rust on the mounting surfaces, and reattach them.

You might want to pull the ABS fuse until you get this fixed, my old Lumina van used to have this problem, and it would sometimes decide the wheels had locked up and release the brakes at inopportune times. It almost made me roll through a downhill T-intersection into a busy highway once.
McSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #4

02 Trailblazer ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSteve
I don't know if 2000+ models are improved, but the common Chevy ABS failure was due to the front wheel speed sensors being a little out of position. So in addition to replacing your hubs/wheel bearings as needed, the fix is to remove the sensors, clean up any dirt and/or rust on the mounting surfaces, and reattach them.

You might want to pull the ABS fuse until you get this fixed, my old Lumina van used to have this problem, and it would sometimes decide the wheels had locked up and release the brakes at inopportune times. It almost made me roll through a downhill T-intersection into a busy highway once.
Thanks for the info that's a great idea about the fuse, I'm going to pull the fronts off this weekend to check hubs and sensors.
Lou.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #5

02 Trailblazer ABS

The sensor is built into the bearing assembly on that vehicle. If you said they are making noise when driving, I would jack the front end off the ground and try to move the wheel by hand. One hand at top and one on the bottom and see if you have some freeplay. Looks like front wheel bearings are in your future. Common for GM trucks
D-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #6

02 Trailblazer ABS

Also, I have seen people have different size tires on the same axle by accident, doubt that's your problem, but just an FYI, that can possibly cause that issue
D-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 AM   #7

02 Trailblazer ABS

I have 2003 BMW 325i with 1004 miles,
The ABS lights are on on the dash how to replace or reset then or fix the problem please anyone
I wil thank you ahead time

887765bri is offline   Reply With Quote