Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Safety

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Installer Manual for Bay Alarm Vista 20Bay ?

gotta love how unwilling Bay Alarm is to help you without a contract. Rant over.

Bought a house with the Vista 20-Bay installed. Just want to use the system w/o being gouged for a contract. We have a Sensor that appears to be hosed over (getting Low Bat message - have swapped several batteries and it still won't stop beeping & LOW BAT msg). So we'd like to just remove it from the system for now since it's a small bathroom window. We've tried the "bypass zone", but that only works when the system is armed. When not armed (e.g., overnight) the darn thing beeps LOW BAT every 15 mins or so keeping people awake.

Does anyone know where we can find an Installer Manual for this system?

additional details:

SPECTRUM 2000 - Expansion
Receiver Type: 5881M (up to 16 sensors)
KE-6139AB = custom alpha keypad w/fla

cody21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 544

I don't have a Vista panel but most Ademcos are similar. Enter programming mode by keying in your 4 digit master code and code (8) then zero. Hit *56 to go to zone definitions, hit * to get to the zone you want, then make it type 00 (zero zero). Then * you way out and then hit *99 to exit programming.

Your installer may have exited programming in a way that locks you out of programming with your user code. If so I believe you can get around that by powering down the system, including the battery backup. Then when you power it back up hit * and # within 30 seconds IIRC.

The programming is definitely a bit confusing and I don't mess with this stuff often so am not an expert at it but can generally muddle my way through. Good luck.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Thank you so much for your input ... side note for anyone considering an Alarm System : the ADT system is MUCH MUCH easier to get into PROGRAM Mode & self-manage the system.
cody21 is offline   Reply With Quote