Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #1

Share |

Why so sloppy?

As a painter, I go into lots of homes & I am continually amazed at how much paint gets slopped onto woodwork, floors, & just about anything that isn't being painted. It's tough trimming in.......I get that.....but if you slop paint onto something you shouldn't, wouldn't you at least get a wet rag and try to wipe it off?

Gymschu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Super Master Painter

Why so sloppy?

i have zero tolerance for that kind of stuff...........if it doesnt belong there it doesnt belong there period...........nothing makes me lose it faster then when i hear a guy say ''oh ill just get that on touch up day''

touch up day???? wtf is that???? you payin the bills here?? go get a rag an get it up NOW

damn im gettin pissed now just thinking about this lol

Last edited by Ole34; 02-21-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Ole34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
A Little Of Everything

Why so sloppy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymschu View Post
As a painter, I go into lots of homes & I am continually amazed at how much paint gets slopped onto woodwork, floors, & just about anything that isn't being painted. It's tough trimming in.......I get that.....but if you slop paint onto something you shouldn't, wouldn't you at least get a wet rag and try to wipe it off?
I think we both know the answer to that.

I'm continually amazed at the kind of painting job some people do. I don't think it's ever professionals that do that, but I've sure seen some doozeys. I guess "good enough" really is good enough for a lot of people.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
Super Master Painter

Why so sloppy?

I had to re-do this guys work and he was EXPENSIVE to boot,charged the HO'er around $50-$75 per man hour to do this ...........anyway he went an sprayed the garage doors red an sprayed everything else along with it lol..............total high priced bum............took me about 1 week to re-do all of his work and he messed up the entire detached garage not just the doors............i dont know what he was thinkin when doing the window but he sure made a mess of things ...........the door hinge in the back ground was covered in red paint an had to be cleaned up.............too many f-ups to list

Last edited by Ole34; 02-21-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Ole34 is offline   Reply With Quote