Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Rewards Points: 25

What kind of Primer ?

I finished dry walling my gas fireplace. I installed metal dry wall "edging" (like J channel) around the opening.

This is very shiny and I need to use a primer before painting a flat acrylic/latex over it.

What type of primer should be used on this ?

stymie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Rubbin walls since'79
Brushjockey's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mn
Posts: 2,518
Rewards Points: 2,000

What kind of Primer ?

Zinnser 123 is a good metal primer

"It's better to come here with questions before you screw up than to come here after and ask how to fix them."- JS
Brushjockey is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Praise Of Benjamin Moore Underbody Alkyd Primer #217 Lovegasoline Painting 14 09-04-2013 02:52 AM
what kind of primer do i need sh417 Painting 5 02-08-2011 05:00 PM
Oil based paint over Latex? No need for Primer? Jasonuncloned Painting 2 10-20-2010 11:33 PM
help me pick a primer jheavner Painting 21 01-27-2009 12:30 AM
painting over drywall -- what kind of prep? CindyF Painting 6 01-12-2006 01:54 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.