Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

what do i use

hi outhere, i just got a apartment complex to paint all the rooms, my ? is should i use super spec or super hide, i have to put a tint to it, so what should i use- i know super spec is a good one cove paint- but it has its $$$$ as well, super hide is lower amount but can it cover, i get the paint in bulk is the price is a good drop, $55.00 sspec and 43.00 for sshide per 5gal- and the apts are not at a good price, if i do alot i make money if not it sucks, so is there any one that can help with my paint pickings
thanks ray

rayrayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
Painting Contractor

what do i use

It all depends... if you are matching existing and the walls are in decent shape ( they are not all dirty) you can get away with 1/coat using Super Hide... if you use it make sure you are thorough with cutting and rolling and put it on kinda heavy... I wouldnt use it for trim though...

If it were me I would spend a few more bucks on the Super Spec just to make sure... it does cover well with one coat...

JMGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:52 AM   #3
Professional Painter

what do i use

If the paint matches really close, you can roll over the darker spots or any marks that could show through if you only use 1 coat. You may also need to paint one or two whole walls again, but the rest may be fine with one coat of paint.

Hope this helps,
Dan
r0ckd is offline   Reply With Quote