Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #1

Share |

Waterproofing Stucco Paint

I would like to repaint a 15 year old raised stucco foundation that houses a BBQ grill. It was repainted three years ago without primer (just pressure washed) and the stucco is blistering/peeling, due to moisture. The exterior of my house is also stucco but doesn't experience blistering/peeling. Only this special structure in the backyard that contains the BBQ. I've read about a product called Seal-Krete Stucco Guard that helps prevent moisture from damaging stucco. Would this product be better than Kilz2 or Glidden Gripper? I would appreciate some feedback on Seal-Krete Stucco Guard or similar products. Thanks.

AZSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Painting Company, NY

I would definitely not use kiltz or glidden on your stucco. I personally would use Sherwin Williams Shercrete, it is a masonry specific paint that also provides waterproofing. First be sure to scrape off any loose, peeling, flaking paint and then power wash the stucco with low pressure.

housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #3

Hi I'm a newbie here.I'm from Philippines.I came here same as what you did guys.I want to introduce to guys that is something you need.It's the wall anchors pittsburgh. It is about the advance basement waterproofing and structural foundation repair solutions in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.I hope I can hear responses from you guys.Thank you so much and God bless.
shiloah24 is offline   Reply With Quote