DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Wall preparation for painting with portions of drywall exposed

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  crjotr 
#1 · (Edited)
I had the wallpaper removed, along with portions of paint which had been coating the drywall. Problem is all of the paint would not come off. My painter put a base coat over all of it. Now there are huge areas of flat drywall, and areas with some texture all covered in a coat of paint. I think he plans to put drywall mud in the flat areas. Is there any other way to correct this?

#4 ·
Yep! but to be fair, I usually prime the walls because it makes the imperfections stand out more, even with new drywall, and with a trouble light I can see where the flaws are.

you can do this yourself too..just walk around with a lamp and a roll of painters tape and mark areas of your concern. If he/she is a good contractor, they will love you for it. Even the best contractors can oversee imperfections..best that the customer shows them and deal with them promptly. Skim coating is not a flawless art...it takes a couple of 'eyes' . Looking at the same wall for hours on end, everything blends in :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.