Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #1

Share |

Vinyl Paint - PolymatrX - and Siding....

We have one of the versions of Louisiana Pacific siding on our home, and it is deteriorating. We would like to replace it and then depending on the siding choice, paint it. Looking for the most maintenance free solution.

1st: What is the best siding choice? Hardie Plank (concrete siding), Vinyl, brick, stucco etc...

2nd: What is the best choice for paint. I have read a lot about Vinyl Paint and Ceramic Paint even a paint additive called POLYMATRx . These are supposed to be guaranteed for 25 years or more. What is the real deal on these products, are they worth the money? Has anyone used either the Viynl paint or the paint additive? Do they work as promised. Any and all help and information would be appreciated.

Last edited by slickshift; 07-01-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: removed link
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #2

Thumbs up

You definitely want to buy Polymatrx and add it to your paint. I started using the stuff about 8 years ago. I had been pointing stucco board and rough-sawn cedar trim with latex paint for years and it needed repainting every 3 years. Add the quart of Polymatrx to a gallon of paint. It does not affect color at all. It makes the paint roll on or brush on very nicely. With two coats, the paint lasts at least twice as long. It pretty much stops all checking. It can only be added to latex paints. I ordered it directly online in the past, but I think that they discontinued that. The link to the web site is correct. It costs about $35 per quart plus shipping, but is worth every penny. It stretches out the paint also and will give you more coverage for every gallon of paint that you use.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #3

POLYMATRx is available at www.polymatrx.com. I have about 8 years of experience with POLYMATRx and painted my own home with this product about six years ago. It still looks great and it's holding up much better than ordinary latex paint. I have some of the old LP siding on my home and had replaced the bad boards with Hardy plank before I painted. The modified paint adhered excellent to both products. I highly suggest that anyone who is planning to be in their home for a few years to use POLYMATRx because it does work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic View Post
We have one of the versions of Louisiana Pacific siding on our home, and it is deteriorating. We would like to replace it and then depending on the siding choice, paint it. Looking for the most maintenance free solution.

1st: What is the best siding choice? Hardie Plank (concrete siding), Vinyl, brick, stucco etc...

2nd: What is the best choice for paint. I have read a lot about Vinyl Paint and Ceramic Paint even a paint additive called POLYMATRx . These are supposed to be guaranteed for 25 years or more. What is the real deal on these products, are they worth the money? Has anyone used either the Viynl paint or the paint additive? Do they work as promised. Any and all help and information would be appreciated.
atlantapaint is offline   Reply With Quote