Valspar Venetian Plaster - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

valspar venetian plaster

Shalom to all who read this
I am painting my house and have decided to do a faux finish using the valspar venetian plaster and just want to know if on my second and/or third coats if I can mix two different valspar ventian colors

Advertisement

yahebed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

valspar venetian plaster

I think "mixing it up" a bit will result in an awesome diverse finished product. Have you considered burnishing the last coat? Also, you may not need to apply a final clear coat if the room is anything other than a kitchen or bathroom.

Post pictures so we can see.

Advertisement

HDPaintPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
nap
You talking to me?

Rewards Points: 2,000

valspar venetian plaster

I wouldn't think there would be a problem but it would be wise to ask the manufacturer or a manuf. rep to be sure.

I have seen other similar systems and they specifically use at least 2 colors. It adds a lot of interest to the wall. I would also suggest a burnished finish. That is what Venetian plaster is all about. It's a lot of hard work but I think it looks great.

be sure to make test panels of any ideas you have. It's tough to repair or work over something already on the wall. Much easier to duplicate a test panel that turns out how you like.

Just make an effort to remember or even video record your attempts on the test panels so you know how you got to the result you have. If you end up with 4-6-10 test panels, you might tend to forget how you got the result on that panel.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

valspar venetian plaster

Great reply nap!

nap brings up a great point:keep close records on what you did, how you did it and with what products you used. Also, save a little bit of each color and seal it up in a tight container (plastic snap lid container). Write the name on the side and the date. Also, try and record any product numbers as well.

If for whatever reason you may need to repair a section of the walls - you have the exact materials at your disposal.
HDPaintPro is offline   Reply With Quote