Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 500

Valspar paint opinions

I know yall are not fans of the paint the box stores sell neither am I for the most part.Normally I get SW since they are just down the street and have what I want but about a year ago the wife wanted to try something different after seeing a show about faux finishes so while I was away she painted the living room with some kind of Behr paint with copper flake in it and used some sort of trowel method.Believe it or not it turned out pretty cool I even like it but now she wants to do another room in this Valspar paint with a brushed pearl look.I have never used this paint before and would like some opinions on it.I am not sure how this paint and this tech. will hide the poor quality of the paint or any imperfections in the wall

clasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Valspar paint opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasact View Post
I know yall are not fans of the paint the box stores sell neither am I for the most part.Normally I get SW since they are just down the street and have what I want but about a year ago the wife wanted to try something different after seeing a show about faux finishes so while I was away she painted the living room with some kind of Behr paint with copper flake in it and used some sort of trowel method.Believe it or not it turned out pretty cool I even like it but now she wants to do another room in this Valspar paint with a brushed pearl look.I have never used this paint before and would like some opinions on it.I am not sure how this paint and this tech. will hide the poor quality of the paint or any imperfections in the wall
HI! I am new to the site, just joined today. Unfortunately, I had a terrible time with Valspar paint. I hate it so much that I had my color color-matched at Home Depot. Maybe my experience was unusual. Strangely enough, I use Behr, and love it. Strange, huh?

Last edited by sweepee62; 06-28-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Put wrong company name in.
sweepee62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #3

Valspar paint opinions

welcome to the site you will get excellent advice on here for all your needs

I normally use SW but like I said the wife did our living room with behr and it turned out real nice and its a big room 27x45 that I had just drywalled and put new window and doors in so I thinking maybe the stuff ain't all bad but I don't know anything about the other stuff thanks for your input though
clasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:08 AM   #4

Valspar paint opinions

Why not let the wife try a quart on one wall.

She might not be happy with the results herself and might want to try something else instead. A faux denim, perhaps.

If it's really awful, you can always cover it up with a concrete block primer/filler.
Nestor_Kelebay is offline   Reply With Quote