Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Using MODAC as stucco primer

I asked my local Sherwin Williams for a real good primer for my knock-down stucco house and they sold me 15 gal. of MODAC Acrylic Texture Coating (smooth) for my 3200 sq ft. They also said it would work for priming my wooden eaves. Now after reading the product specs I see it's an extremely thick coating covering less than 100 sq ft /gal and is a one coat or final coat material. Can this be thinned to use as a primer and be a good primer and thinned enough to shoot with a non-industrial sprayer? Specs say thinning not required for the smooth (med & coarse say do not thin). Intentionally avoided the big box stores to get good paint and advice and wonder now what I got.

rickK is offline   Reply With Quote