DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

trying to fix wallpaper that stuck to drywall

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sherry367 
#1 ·
I took wallpaper off bathroom wall and it pulled some spots off the drywall. wetting it just made it just made it bubble. so now I dont know how to fix it. I wanting to paint the wall. do I need to mud over all of it or is there a certain kind of paint.

Thanks

#2 ·
Sherry if you do a search you will find at least 30 threads on this type of topic.

Remove as much loose paper, bubbles, loose gypsum that you can. Prime the damaged spots with a good drywall primer (Guardz). You have to first prime the damage or when you apply mud, those spots will bubble up. After a day or two of drying time, apply some joint compound, let dry, sand, and apply a second coat or even a third if necessary. Sand, remove dust, and prime the spots again. Then you can top coat with your choice of paint.

#3 ·
Sherry if you do a search you will find at least 30 threads on this type of topic.

Remove as much loose paper, bubbles, loose gypsum that you can. Prime the damaged spots with a good drywall primer (Guardz). You have to first prime the damage or when you apply mud, those spots will bubble up. After a day or two of drying time, apply some joint compound, let dry, sand, and apply a second coat or even a third if necessary. Sand, remove dust, and prime the spots again. Then you can top coat with your choice of paint.[/quote

Gymschu thanks for the help I guess this was not going to be as easy as I thought. but hopefully the outcome is going to be worth it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.