Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #1

Share |

SW selection

I'm in the process of painting the interior of my house, slowly. Anyway, while at the local SW store I was told they are having a 40% off everything anniversary sale in a few weeks for one day.

My question is this.....I've been using their cashmere so far when they have it discounted. At 40% off should I just go to Duration because of the great price? Would bring Duration down to about $25 a gallon which is pretty good for a DIY.

Is Duration worth the extra couple bucks per gallon?

THanks....

JP

JP in Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Paint Store Dude

SW selection

It just depends what your requirements are for the finished job. Both the Cashmere and Duration are excellent paints but have their own "niche". If cleaning and wiping the walls without burnishing are important to you the Duration is the best choice. If a buttery smooth finish is important the Cashmere is the way to go. From tests we have done in the store the Cashmere has the best finished appearance, with the Duration a close second. The Duration cleans the best with Cashmere coming in second. Either way you won't go wrong.
If you are going to paint the ceiling both the duration and Cashmere would be somewhat overkill. Look at the Classic 99 or Design Basics for the ceiling. Or if you could get 40% off Promar 400 that would be good also. Your store employees should be able to guide you in the right direction.
Chuck

Chazbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
Painting Company, NY

SW selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbe View Post
It just depends what your requirements are for the finished job. Both the Cashmere and Duration are excellent paints but have their own "niche". If cleaning and wiping the walls without burnishing are important to you the Duration is the best choice. If a buttery smooth finish is important the Cashmere is the way to go. From tests we have done in the store the Cashmere has the best finished appearance, with the Duration a close second. The Duration cleans the best with Cashmere coming in second. Either way you won't go wrong.
If you are going to paint the ceiling both the duration and Cashmere would be somewhat overkill. Look at the Classic 99 or Design Basics for the ceiling. Or if you could get 40% off Promar 400 that would be good also. Your store employees should be able to guide you in the right direction.
Chuck
That is pretty much the difference, just to add the Duration also repels stains and is SW most scrubbable paint, as mentioned without burnishing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #4

SW selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbe View Post
Chuck
Ok...so all things being equal or almost equal pricewise, are there any downsides to duration? Less coverage area, faster/slower drying, more difficult to use....anything? Sounds like I might as well go with duration for the price. No ceilings will be painted....I hope
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #5

SW selection

anyone, anyone? class?