Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
Share |

Super Paint vs Duration

I am receiving painting bids on the exterior of my house. Is there any positives to Super paint vs Duration. I have received bids with both kinds of paint. One company really "sells" the fact that they use Duration and the fact that they use $3000 paint machines vs other companies use the cheaper machines and his will put leave more paint on my house. Is this true? Or just a sales technique?

kennykenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Painting Company, NY

Rewards Points: 0

Super Paint vs Duration

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennykenny View Post
I am receiving painting bids on the exterior of my house. Is there any positives to Super paint vs Duration. I have received bids with both kinds of paint. One company really "sells" the fact that they use Duration and the fact that they use $3000 paint machines vs other companies use the cheaper machines and his will put leave more paint on my house. Is this true? Or just a sales technique?
I have used both many times, they are both great paints, but I have always been a fan of SuperPaint and do prefer Superpaint over Duration, I also believe in primining and applying two coats of paint, as far as the prices of one company's sprayer vs another that has nothing to do with the quality of the paint or the amount of paint that will be applied to your home, all paints have a specified mil thickness that they should be applied at and besides that you can have a 400 dollar sprayer and a 5000 dollar sprayer and they both can apply the paint just as thick, if a contractor came to me and bragged about the price of his equipment I don't think I would hire him, as that shows how his character is.

housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

Super Paint vs Duration

Thanks for the info. Another thing the guy mentioned was that, I am looking to possibly replace some masonite siding although it is bowed and not rotted. This guy tells me that after painting, the bowing will show up more vs not. This doesn't seem correct to me. Wouldn't it hide the bowing more? Of course he wants to sell siding replacement. What do you think?
kennykenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 0

Super Paint vs Duration

You may want to consider a new paint called NeverFade..it is manufactured by an industrial paint engineering company and I've heard really good things. It has a resin in it called Kynar which is what parts of the Universal Studios is painted with. The manufacturer warrants the paint against fading for 15 years and includes the replacement of the product and labor expenses. I think it's definately worth it over Duration and Aura.

Here is the link>>> http://www.apvcoatings.com/cms/produ...e38/index.html
ebrown is offline   Reply With Quote