Yes, I know everyone wants to know how to remove it, but I need some tips on spraying it. The rest of our house is popcorn and I want to spray the basement ceiling(consistency). I've only sprayed it once and its been awhile.
1) Any recommendations on the brand of popcorn to use? I tried a perlite based aggregate before and it wasn't even close to what I wanted. I know I need a polysterene type this time - medium I would say.
2) Some say to mix some primer or paint in with the batch, necessary?
3) What hopper is recommended, I want to buy one thats a decent price, preferably at a place like Rona, Home Depot, Totem, etc.
4) When taping/covering up the walls, should I tape right up to the corner where the wall meets ceiling, or should I tape a few inches lower and scrape off the wet stuff with a putty knife as I go?
5) One or two coats typically?
2) Optional. I like to mix 1 gallon of white paint to a 5 gallon bucket of popcorn. The paint makes it more durable and whiter than just the popcorn mix.
3) "Spraying Mantis" or the one made by "Wallboard".
4) Tape right up to the corner where the wall meets the ceiling.
5) One coat. Hint: Go in circular motions to get uniform coverage. Also, If you prime the ceiling white (assuming it's raw drywall right now.) You will not have to put the popcorn on as heavy to cover the new grey drywall.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the replies so far guys. The local stores only seem to carry Synko brand - the most common one is Snow-Tex Coarse aggregate, bag says its good for medium/coarse applications. They also carry a Ruff-Tex, says medium but does not mention if its polystyrene. Any experience with this brand and what size "balls" can I expect with a coarse bag?
Also, the stores I checked so far carry the Richard brand hopper for $120. I've used Richard tools for all of my drywall projects and have no problems with any of them.
BTW, I'm in Canada so our products vary a bit from what you recommend and takes alot of effort some days to match up what our neighbors have.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.|