Sherwin Willliams Paint - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Sherwin Willliams Paint

Read in Consumer Reports how good Behr paint was. Was going to paint house exterior with it. Read posts on this and other sites. Glad I didnt go with Behr. The one gallon I bought for trim was hard to put on. I am a welder by trade but have done a bit of painting in my life. The stuff was too thick and really showed the brush marks. 2 coats over the same color and think I could go another. Bought SW Super Paint for the main job. They matched a color the wife liked of Valspar's very well. It is going on very easily. Am using a roller and brush. Have started the second coat. Got in on a 30% off special. Think I will stick with SW from now on and throw away whats left of the Behr paint.

Advertisement

strand48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Rubbin walls since'79

Rewards Points: 2,000

Sherwin Willliams Paint

Another satisfied customer!

Good show!

Advertisement

Brushjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,240

Sherwin Willliams Paint

[quote=strand48;718994]Read in Consumer Reports how good Behr paint was. Was going to paint house exterior with it. Read posts on this and other sites. Glad I didnt go with Behr. The one gallon I bought for trim was hard to put on. I am a welder by trade but have done a bit of painting in my life. The stuff was too thick and really showed the brush marks. 2 coats over the same color and think I could go another. Bought SW Super Paint for the main job. They matched a color the wife liked of Valspar's very well. It is going on very easily. Am using a roller and brush. Have started the second coat. Got in on a 30% off special. Think I will stick with SW from now on and throw away whats left of the Behr paint.[/quote]
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sherwin williams vs. behr