DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Sherwin William's Problock Primer/Bleeds?

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Painter10 
#1 · (Edited)
I have always used problock primer, with no problems, until recently.
Did a little spackling on a ceiling...when ready, I primed.
For topcoat, and first time using Sherwin's Harmony Line (low Voc)- Flat, that problock bled through 5 top coats.
Never encountered this problem before using Problock underneath.
?????
Curious, What could be the reason for this?
Thanks

#8 ·
yes, primer was white...rolled out just the spackled area, 1 coat, dried, topcoated with S.W. Harmony extra white flat...dried, you can see where the problocked spackled area comes through...and after 5 coats of Harmony.

:eek:
I think that is contributing to the problem. That and maybe the spackling not being featered out enough or a little thick.

Try feathering the patch a little more. Sand the patch if needed. Prime the whole ceiling, let dry, lightly sand the whole ceiling with the same grit, tack off, and paint with a good ceiling paint.

Maybe you used a different napped roller when you primed the patch than what was used when the ceiling was painted before and sanded it with a different grit than what was used before. You did sand the spot primer, right? If not, it may just be a case of different texture on the patch.

My .02 off the top of my head.

P.S. you did feather the primer too, right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.