To Sand Or Not To Sand..... - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

To sand or not to sand.....

Hi All, i want to repaint some simple white woodwork that is already painted gloss white but has yellowed over time. Ive always found the process of rubbing down and sanding to give a key to the new undercoat a real bind as well as being messy with all the dust generated. Is there, in this day and age of modern technologies and new chemicals etc, a product on the market that you can simply wipe over existing gloss paintwork to give a new undercoat a key? or have i just got to put up with doing it the long way?
Maybe a 'Dragons Den' opening in the market if something does not exist already...
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Avondale

Advertisement

Avondale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,648

To sand or not to sand.....

Yes there are chemicals that degloss and are available at the big box stores. Have never found them to work very well. If you are going to repaint and have that big a dust problem you are WAY overdoing it. All you need to do is scratch the surface.

Advertisement

ToolSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote