Rona Or SW? - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

rona or SW?

it is now time to start painting my basement. I bought a few gallons 3 weeks ago from rona when they had a BOGO free. this weekend, SW has a 40% sale on the paints. now i am in a dilemma whether to stick with the rona paint i have or return it and get SW harmony line. i was told rona paint is made by BM. if thats the case, i do not mind sticking with what i have. any comments?

Advertisement

rookie_diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

rona or SW?

is there any specific reason why people leave the ceiling white color? is it just personal taste? can i match it up with the same color as the walls?

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 512

rona or SW?

Ceilings are often painted white to promote the illusion of space overhead. Having the ceiling the same color as walls is not uncommon, but how it looks really depends on the dimensions of the room, and the color you choose.

As for your paint dilemma, I would probably stick with what you have. If your paint is tinted, you won't be able to return it anyways.
Windows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000

rona or SW?

Yeah, two comments:-

(a) You won't get much of a response to this thread because you are assuming people know what you are talking about when you mention Rona. They don't.

(b) you're chasing your tail if you want to start comparing product A to product B, based on improper input data. Who says Rona is made by BM? What you reallly want is someone to tell you you're right - and that won't happen. Saving a few dollars are we? and you want us to approve your decisions? Dream on...

Do the job with product A or Product B, your choice - then talk to us.
“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #5

rona or SW?

well the cost difference is negligible. i just want to get the best product. if rona brand is not made by BM, then i will buy SW. my rona cans are untinted, so i can return without hassles.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,000

rona or SW?

Then go with the paint company - and not a big-box store - paint. What you want to spend your money on is paint - not 1000s of employees, bright orange aprons - and overhead. Subsidize the professionals.

Real painters all do.

Advertisement

“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote