DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

roller trays

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gymschu 
#1 ·
my cheap plastic tray has cracked. bout time for a good tray, that lasts.
what should i get ?

#2 ·
I usually buy the metal Wooster trays and then put in the black plastic liners for each color I am painting.

Many of my metal trays are 15 - 20 years old and look brand new because of using those liners.

#5 ·
thanx

as it turned out, i had to log off just after posting. so, when i was at walmart, i looked that the trays. the metal looked good, but i normally soak my rollers. so i was worried about rust. so i bought the heavy plastic unit, its red. its shaped a little funky, but works ok.

#6 ·
I use heavy duty wide aluminum foil as a liner. A whole lot cheaper.
Why would you soak the roller?
If your going to not clean them and just reuse them the next day wrap them in Saran wrap and stick them in the freezer.
Then your not dealing with a wet mess.
Works for paint brushes to.

#7 ·
Why would you soak the roller?

If your going to not clean them and just reuse them the next day wrap them in
when i am done working, i am usually dead tierd. so, i just fill the tray with water and let the roller/brushes soak. after a few days of a lil cleaning here & there, they are ready to be EASILY finish cleaned. works well for me.

yeah, i do that. i put them in the plastic grocery bags. they can last for days like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.