1. Peel off outer layer of paper (vinyl layer).
2. Saturate backing paper and adhesive with 90/10 hot water/Downy mix sprayed on. I got 95% of the adhesive off. The stuff that wouldn't budge I sanded flat with an orbital sander and 100 grit pads.
3. Wash/rinse off walls 3 times with hot water towels.
4. Prime everything with Gardz.
5. Fill in damaged areas and holes with drywall compound.
6. Orbitally sand with 150 grit, then final coat of drywall in some spots, then wet sand all with a sponge.
7. Wipe down dust with damp towel.
8. Final coat of Gardz.
9. White primer.
10. Final coats.