Please Can You Help - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
TEXTURE REVIVAL

Rewards Points: 10

Please can you Help

Hi, I was wondering if anyone reading this forum from the States, Canada, Australia or newzealand can give me some vital info which I am finding hard to find for myself.

Here in the UK we have something called

1:-Coving or Cornice, this is fixed between the ceiling/wall edge to create an ornamental feature, it has a plain finish (smooth edged) made with a plasterbased interior which is covered/wrapped in a type of stiff paper/cardboard, sometimes called Gyproc or Artex coving and can be fixed to the area using Texture or Wall board adhesive, if any one is familiar with this can you please please tell me where it can be purchased and at what stores in the above countries and also what is it called over there.

2:-There is also other forms of these same coving/cornice, they are either made from heavy porous white plaster, and the other type is kind of a moulded resin, these have an embossed pattern.

3:-We also have what we call standard Gyproc plasterboards that come in a variety of sizes and thicknesses, some are tapered for jointing and some are not, are these called the same in the above countries and are they available, I don't know if they may be known as standard Wall boards.

4:-Around the centre light fitting of the ceiling there can be purchased an ornamental feature, this is usually called a rose, are they called the same or known as medalions, and where can they be purchased.

Any help you can give I would be truly gratefull indeed.

Regards
Dale Ovenstone

Advertisement

Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Please can you Help

Preety much the same over here in Canada and usally I purchase ceiling and wall board(drywall) as well as cornace, cove that is a drywall based product at a Drywall store
Winroc and Home hardware here on Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada
As far as medalions I think the big box stores have it but Have not looked for a very long time.
Hope this helps.

Advertisement

Darylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
TEXTURE REVIVAL

Please can you Help

Hi Darylh,

Thanks for your info, its good to know that the materials are available and can be purchased, the reason that I asked is I have just completed a brand new step by step photographic book concerning an amazing modern ceiling design techniqe.

Thanks again, all the best,
Regards
Dale
Old 04-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

Please can you Help

Dale, this sounds like a interesting book and might be interested in getting copy if possible.
I know your a long way away from here but what are the chances of getting a sneak peak of your book?
Darylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
TEXTURE REVIVAL

Please can you Help

Hi Darylh

I have just completed the book, STEP DOWN COVED CEILING" and if you like creative "DIY" projects you will find this quite amazing, it took me quite a few months to put together and I will be posting a mini downloadable info guide concerning the book on tuesday and will let you all know on this forum
Thanks again Darylh.

Regards
Dale
Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 75

Please can you Help

The pics i saw, are what is usual in up market houses in the states, the sea shell and rose designs. Maybe you havent seen trey ceilings with shells and bounded by other types of texture.
lxdollarsxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:27 AM   #7
TEXTURE REVIVAL

Please can you Help

Hi 1xdollarsx1

Its good to know that there are surface texture designs in the States, I wander if they are acheived by using the same easy to follow tecniques from "TEXTURE REVIVAL" as quite a number of people enquire about "Texturing Combs" to create the desired patterns.

My new easy to follow and acheive photgraphic downloadable work book titled "STEP DOWN COVED CEILING" is a must for anyone who likes working on projects in their home, the materials are widely available and the finished results are truly spectacular and quite amazing.

The tecniques from both the books could compliment each other.

If you are interested please take click below
http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_15/...NGFREEINFO.pdf

If anybody would like more info about "Texturing combs" send me an e-mail and in the subject line type in freecomb.

Regards
Dale

Advertisement