peeling, blistered walls
Done a bathroom, hallway and a different bedroom durring this stripping process.
BUT,,,I found a messy but much easier method.
1) using my power planer I trim doors with I set the blade just under the paint depth (it does bite into or thru the top layer of drywall mud skim coat,and sometimes the plaster under that, and leaves some scraping of the low spots)
2) scrape only the low spots left (going into the skim coat)
3) mixed 1 gal of DAP STUCCO repair into a 5 gal bucket of drywall top coat
and skim coated
4) Anything thick cracks but easy to recoat that.
5) Looks and feels like a lath and plaster wall.