Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Painting a toilet

I have a wall mount toilet that is blue. I am in the process of remodeling the bathroom and don't want the toilet blue. I have yet to find a decent priced wall mount toilet and so am wondering if I can just paint the toilet white. Is this possible or even a good idea or should I just pay the money for a new one. I also don't want to replumb the sewer line to the ground if necessary.

jpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Painting a toilet

If it wuz me, I would save up the money for a new wall hung toilet and then save a bit more to buy some "Klenk's Bathtub Refinish Paint". That's a two part white epoxy paint meant for repainting bathtubs. You should find it at most paint stores and the paint department of most home centers.

And, if it wuz me, I would paint the exterior of the toilet bowl only, and maybe the top of the toilet bowl that stays dry most of the time. (Careful if you paint the UNDERSIDE of the toilet bowl rim; there are holes under there for water to come out, and you don't want to plug them up with Klenk's epoxy paint.)

Don't know how it's gonna look. Don't know how long it's gonna last. I just know that I'd give it a wild shot in the dark if I wuz gonna be chucking the old toilet anyhow.

http://www.ippnet.com/EN/main/produc...542/17013.html

Last edited by Nestor_Kelebay; 08-03-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Nestor_Kelebay is offline   Reply With Quote