Painting The Texture On My Walls And Not Sure Of Color Options - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Painting the texture on my walls and not sure of color options

We just bought a home. The living room is a terrible brownish color. The walls are textured. I am wondering if there is a way to paint them that will give them a little depth. Right now they are painted with a flat. I love the look of two tone walls where you have a light over a dark. But not a heavy look of it.

the texture on the wall is very unique. I have never seen one like it before.

What would be the best way to paint it? And would a satin be okay or do I need to stick with a flat. I really don't care for the look of flat paint. And its sad when you have a nice texture on a wall and it still looks very boring.

We just got a new sectional that is a nice cafe espresso color. The room is big with white cathedral ceilings and a very large window. I want to go with warm colors. I like the warm tones you get in the fall, but it my first time having a house with a living room this big. I'm worried about the color pick I don't want it to be over whelming. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement

Dinaya is offline   Reply With Quote