Painting Shutters And Front Door - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Painting Shutters and Front Door

I'm going to put a home on the market that is a one story white limestone. Everything is so neutral on the outside(cream shutters, cream door). We wanted to paint the door and shutters but are not all in agreement. I wanted black with black door(which is very popular here in Tx) but the roof is brownish/tan color and I don't know if that would look very good with the black. We thought about very dark brown for the shutters and barn red door but think the brown shutters are a "dated look" and very 70's looking. Some homebuilders are putting the brown stained cedar shutters on the white limestone homes....what are your opinions?

Advertisement

LeeAnn0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #2

Of course, this is completely subjective, when dealing with paint colors its always up to the owner. However, I know that if you have a brown roof, it will not look quite right with black shutters and door. You may want to do like a dark maroon or maybe a forrest green.....? I don't know whats trendy in Texas right now, but I've seen those colors with brown in Minnesota. If you were to take a picture of it and bring it into a Sherwin Williams or Hirshfields they will be able to tell you for sure what will look good. As a former paint contractor myself, I always check with a women at a paint store. They are good with colors. Hope that helps

Advertisement

TheDudeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAnn0326
I'm going to put a home on the market that is a one story white limestone. Everything is so neutral on the outside(cream shutters, cream door). We wanted to paint the door and shutters but are not all in agreement. I wanted black with black door(which is very popular here in Tx) but the roof is brownish/tan color and I don't know if that would look very good with the black. We thought about very dark brown for the shutters and barn red door but think the brown shutters are a "dated look" and very 70's looking. Some homebuilders are putting the brown stained cedar shutters on the white limestone homes....what are your opinions?
White roof,sell the energy savings.
flatroofing is offline   Reply With Quote