Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

painting program

Is there a painting program. that I can use to match up paints (with wainscoting) to get an idea how they would go together?

Lightnin Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,954

painting program

Go on some of the major paint companys web sites. Some even havean are where you can down load a picture of your home and change the colors on screen.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

painting program

The virtual painters are nice and free. I use Ben Moore's has the one I use most but I have used Sherwin Williams. As far as I know, they only let you pick paint but you could simulate wainscoting. You can either pick an existing picture from the image libraries with similar look to yours or upload your own photo and use fairly easy to use tools to mask off the different areas to be painted----walls, trim, ceiling etc. Ben Moore's visualizer lets you download software to your machine (and you must have Adobe Air) or work online. I suspect they all work in a similar fashion.

Some of the consumer level interior design software will let you select building materials for walls and ceilings and then paint. Best Buy has a couple and I used to see many such titles at places like Office Depot. An online search might produce something more appropriate to what you need since many places have gotten out of the software business.

I have never needed to use it for a project like you describe but I have found Sweet Home 3D to be a nice, free, open source product for floor plans and it does decent 3D projections of what walls might look like with different colors and textures of things.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote