Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Painting Living room and Kitchen

Hi everyone I'm Sandy from Covington, Louisiana

I've been trying to paint my kitchen and livingroom for a year I just can't seem to find a color. I have blue carpets and all my furniture is beige. Right now my walls are brown and very lite blue, I even tried the sponge thing in both colors on one wall. I just don't know what color to paint it. Can anyone help with a few ideas? I know its hard not knowing what it looks like,but I read something that reads no photography on this forum. I don't want to brake the rules.

Sandkelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Oh, for sure you can post pictures!!!!!!!!!! Addressing your issue about choosing colors, that is a whole different issue. You may get some opinions but will it be something that you like is the question. I know someone on this site has some great software to show how a room will look in different colors. The Sherwin Williams site has something similar. Have you tried that yet??

www.picturetrail.com/mickey51
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandkelsey View Post
Hi everyone I'm Sandy from Covington, Louisiana

I've been trying to paint my kitchen and livingroom for a year I just can't seem to find a color. I have blue carpets and all my furniture is beige. Right now my walls are brown and very lite blue, I even tried the sponge thing in both colors on one wall. I just don't know what color to paint it. Can anyone help with a few ideas? I know its hard not knowing what it looks like,but I read something that reads no photography on this forum. I don't want to brake the rules.
I think you might have to have 20 or more posts before you can put up pictures, but I'm not sure of that.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #4

I added a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Painting Living room and Kitchen-forumrunner_20110831_113436.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

No I have tried sherwin Williams yet I'm doing this from my phone, and I'm very open to any ideas if I don't like them I won't use them. But I have to say at this point I'm just looking for someone to say a good color I mean I can tell you I'm thinking about just going with beige cause I mean I have no imagination.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandkelsey View Post
I added a picture.
Disregard Post #3 - it was made by a really stupid person.

Seriously though, the problem with asking advice like this, is that everyone's tastes run differently. I tend to prefer subdued colors. But I always - and I do mean always - defer to my wife in matters of color & decoration. She has an incredible eye for nuances of color, and always comes up with something beautiful.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #7

Well see that's what I'm looking there just has to be someone in this forum that is good at it, like your wife. My favorite is Cay its a lite blue, my carpet is blue, but I also have brown and I like brown and blue but everyone that see the colors says its ugly so really I'm not going off of what i like anyway. Trying to please to many, man this may be my problem
Old 08-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 250

Ok just my 2 cents on a couple of colors to think about. Sherwin Williams 6106 Kilim Beige 6387 Compatible Cream. From your pic I see quite a bit of brown and with the dark blue carpet I would go with something warmer on the walls. Golden toasty color or even off white would work.

Best color to paint kitchen-we're selling

The above link shows the Kilim Beige in action. If I were you when you have time to look at a computer go to the Sherwin Williams site. It has wonderful tools to help you choose a color.

www.picturetrail.com/mickey51

Last edited by m1951mm; 08-31-2011 at 04:21 PM.
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
ltd

Rewards Points: 504

sherwin williams believable buff.or as mentioned kilim beige ,or compatible cream
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
Painting Company, NY

Rewards Points: 512

You can read about some color selection tips on my site http://www.kelloggspainting.com/Paint-Colors.html
There is also free softwear you can use from Sherwin Williams and Ben Moore.
housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,018

I generally stay out of the "what color should I choose" questions. There are really too many variables to offer a realistic suggestion. Everything from the sheen of the paint, to your lighting, to what other colors are in the room can effect your final look.

I will make one observation though. Everything below the red line is close enough to the same color not to matter. I would throw some contrast in there. I love real wood and wood grain, it adds warmth to a room, but you have enough beige and brown.

Unless you have some awesome artwork we are not seeing, I would pick up some of those sample jars and go crazy auditioning some major color.
Attached Thumbnails
Painting Living room and Kitchen-forumrunner_20110831_113436a.jpg  

Last edited by Blondesense; 09-01-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Blondesense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1951mm
Ok just my 2 cents on a couple of colors to think about. Sherwin Williams 6106 Kilim Beige 6387 Compatible Cream. From your pic I see quite a bit of brown and with the dark blue carpet I would go with something warmer on the walls. Golden toasty color or even off white would work.

Best color to paint kitchen-we're selling

The above link shows the Kilim Beige in action. If I were you when you have time to look at a computer go to the Sherwin Williams site. It has wonderful tools to help you choose a color.
Thank you very much I found a Sherwin Williams App for my phone and it helped a lot if I'm able I'm going to attach it to this.

Thanks you everyone nd when its done ill be sure to see what everyone thinks.