Painting Kitchen Cabinet's - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Painting Kitchen Cabinet's

Looking at painting the cabinets in a kitchen of a house we are looking at. Is the cost normally per the number of cabinet's? If so, what would that cost be? Here is a pic and show's basically all of the cabinet's. We want them to become just plain white. Any thoughts on what this would cost to have done?

Advertisement

dcd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

First you have prep,Then primer,Then 2 top coats. Labor + materials = cost.

Advertisement

mark942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

ya, I understand that. I have priced this to do myself. I am just looking for some thoughts on the cost to have it done professionally as I will have a lot of other item's to attend to, and thouight this may be best done by a pro as I get the other stuff done.
dcd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

http://www.painttalk.com/

"I am just looking for some thoughts on the cost to have it done professionally"

What your asking is for a online bid in a DIY forum.It might be to your advantage to go to the web site I posted and ask the pro`s. Why not call around your area and get a few bids from your local painting contractors? That way you will get to see just what it will all entail. Good Luck to you.

mark942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

2k to 3k
ehoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Rewards Points: 2,000

This is really a "how do I do it" site, not a "how much have a professional do it" site

Most online "bids" will mean very little...if you could get them
(many of us will forgo charging for bids when we have a hope of actually getting work from them...you'll have to take the "free estimates" as worth every penny you paid for them)

If you do get some local bids on it, whatever you do, do not say "I'd do it myself but..."
We really hate that
For most people, they would not do a comparable job
Even if you would, pretty much 98% of the other people who say that wouldn't, so...we pretty much safely assume that you are one of them

I also see the house is for sale
Do you think the cabs are so interfering with the sale that you are looking for a price so you can deduct it from the asking price?
Or do you want to have a figure handy just in case?

If you do get some local bids on it, please be honest with them upfront, and tell them what you are looking for
Maybe some will leave an actual bid in the hopes that the buyer would give them a call
This would (obviously) give you the advantage of being able to back up your claims of cost, and refer a company to do it
slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 10

I just researched doing a similar project and found this new paint on the market that paints directly onto finished cabinets without priming or sanding by Canvas Home Basics. I found it on line and have tested it on a small section of the cabinet and was amazed how well it went on and the finish.

Advertisement

Margaret O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote