Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

painting interior walls

I just seen an episode of DIY International Builders Show in Las Vegas, and saw a new interior paint that is put on with a trowel or sprayed on called: Texturi. The problem is I can't find any kind of info on it. I get a web site called Comex Texturi and it tells me absolutely NOTHING. Does any one know anything about this paint?

Jack813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

painting interior walls

If it's at a trade show, then there's a good chance it's the latest thing from the lab bench and they're testing out the response from attendees...If there's enough interest, they'll go to the next step: perfecting it, making it and marketing it.

In the end tho', what shows in Vegas, may stay in Vegas...

The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Kuz

painting interior walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack813 View Post
I just seen an episode of DIY International Builders Show in Las Vegas, and saw a new interior paint that is put on with a trowel or sprayed on called: Texturi. The problem is I can't find any kind of info on it. I get a web site called Comex Texturi and it tells me absolutely NOTHING. Does any one know anything about this paint?
I too am frustrated with DIY showcasing a great product, but not offering much in the way of actionable information to get the product. It appears that the product is not that widely available here in the US, and is for Professionals, not DIY'res?

I would love to buy the product and live in Pittsburgh, PA. Any ideas of any retailers?
Kuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
(the original)

Rewards Points: 570

painting interior walls

Seems to be a little confusion here, guys. You saw a DIY Network episode about the International Builders Show, organized by the National Association of Home Builders. If you have questions about one of their shows, you'd do better to go to their website....this ain't it. Sorry. This is, however, IMHO the best place for most of your project questions and advice

As ccarlisle already pointed out, many things at trade shows are prototype or newly developed items that haven't gone into full production yet. I'd suggest you go to Comex Group's website and use their email link to ask your questions about release dates and availability. I believe their US brands are only in the western states, but they might ship elsewhere.
ratherbefishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #5

painting interior walls

Texturi is available thru The Comex Group of paint companies--Frazee in the West, Kwal in Texas/Rocky Mountains/Midwest, Parker in NW and Color Wheel in Florida.
chowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Rubbin walls since'79

Rewards Points: 2,000

painting interior walls

Davi the bot folks- diggin up things to sing the praises of a real POS