Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Painting Garage Door

I am in the process of painting my house, and was originally going to repaint the door. The instructions with my Martin door say to use any good quality oil base paint. I have decided to leave it white, as we are going with white trim. There was a house about a block from us, that when they painted the house , they repainted the garage door. I have no idea what they used, but a year later the paint came off the door in sheets!

Malibujim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:52 AM   #2

Painting Garage Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibujim View Post
I am in the process of painting my house, and was originally going to repaint the door. The instructions with my Martin door say to use any good quality oil base paint. I have decided to leave it white, as we are going with white trim. There was a house about a block from us, that when they painted the house , they repainted the garage door. I have no idea what they used, but a year later the paint came off the door in sheets!
I have seen that before. These companies come out and do a faux wood graining on a factory new metal garage door. A few years later or less it flakes off.

Frank Lardino

FrankL is offline   Reply With Quote