Painting Exterior Cinder Block Wall - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

painting exterior cinder block wall

A deck is over our flat roofed two car garage. It waspoorly designed. water collects under decking and has caused some of cinder block walls to erode. But they are gray and brown to match other trim.on the house. There is no drainage issues at the bottom of the wall. One suggestion is to dig a tench at the bottom of tje wall. I think it makes an ready patch and paint job more complicated. Cant afford to fix boards

Ideas?

Advertisement

raised ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,614

So..........There's a question in there somewhere?

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Cline View Post
So..........There's a question in there somewhere?

You are so right that the question disappeared. This is what happens when I use the droid to write stuff. Get so focused on trying to see what I'm writing, I forget what it was about!

Do we need to dig a trench at the bottom of the wall? Again, there is no drainage issue. The water does not collect at the bottom of the wall. It does drip down the cinder blocks from where previous owners attempted to create a drainage system, but it's a slow drip.

What products do you recommend for patching and painting?
raised ranch is offline   Reply With Quote