Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #1

Share |

painting doors

I have painted my dark paneled family room in which we spend all our time in. YA! I painted the to desert fortress, which is a darker beige and the bottom a light maple color for contrast. I am putting up a chair rail (painted called mudslide- which is like a lighter cocoa) I did not want a white chair rail b/c I wanted the family room to look comfy. The proble is : I have two laundry room doors and one door that goes to the mudroom. I also have two glass doors with a frame around them. All two doors and all three moldings around the door are "ugly " dark brown. What color should I paint the trimand the two doors? I was thinking paint the doors the lighter color and painting the trim the darker cvolor of the bottom of the walls. I need help asap?

Wendy Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #2

painting doors

Hey Wendy Bird,
I just put chair rail up in my bathroom and painted the walls light beige and dark beige and left the trim all white. In your situation I would paint the trim and the doors white. I know you said that you don’t want to paint it white, but I think that would look the best. The trim shouldn’t blend in with the walls and darker trim might make the room feel smaller. Matching white trim will brighten up the room and give the two colors on the wall good separation. -Gregg

gotogregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #3

painting doors

These types of questions are very hard to answer without pics. Having said that, I would paint all the trim mudslide, and the doors mudslide as well if the room is small or one of the other colors if the room is bigger. I would not introduce another color.
Windows is offline   Reply With Quote