Painting Daughter's Bedroom - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Wink

Painting daughter's bedroom

I am redecorating my 4 year olds room and she has a pink quilt which is primarily pink with other colors like yellow, purple, teal, etc. What would you recommend is the best color to paint her room? To do pink seems like too much. I am leaning towards the purples and lavenders. Also she has 4 walls in her room and I was thinking of doing one wall darker and the others lighter. Any other ideas?

Advertisement

lyn_vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Just my 2 cents, I will tell you how I did my baby boy's room!! One one wall I did a solid color the darks color of the four walls. On the second and third wall we did another solid but it is the lightest color. On the last wall we did what is called sacking. You start off with the lightest color on the wall, paint the entire wall then after it dries you use the darkest color. To apply the darkest color we used a Plastic sack from Wal-Mart or K-Mart. Basically dip the bag in and stamp around the wall. Then use a third color and the same as the second color. It turns out really well and it lets you use three different colors and they all tie in together very well. They also do it this way when they use a sponge. I could only find a site talking about this but they use sponges!!

http://www.101interiorpaintingideas....echniques.html

Advertisement

daman3178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

daman3178
That sound like a cool way to do a lot of rooms. (not to many in one home though). I am planing a game room and will be considering two colors in the way you described.

lyn_vista
Yes, I agree pink might be too much. I don't know how the purple would go but lighter shade like lavender might work well. Put the bed spread up next to a few colors and see if it looks comfortable together or at least somewhat balanced and pleasing.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

a light lavander sounds like it would work the best. i would probably keep all the walls the same though.
ToolbeltTed is offline   Reply With Quote