Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

painting bathroom

I hope someone can adviseme on this soon. I want to paint my bathroom but I am stuck on what color will go with a darker brown floor tile with just a hint of dark teal swirls, white trim ,vanity and tile. Also I have off white to tan colored shower curtain and window curtain, wich could be changed if needed. I like the brown and white ideabut not sure if a dark brown wall would look good. Thanks for any help.

michelleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Haste Makes Waste

Rewards Points: 250

painting bathroom

A pale to medium aqua would look nice with the tile floor having the brown and teal swirls. Also aqua looks beautiful with whites. I just did one of my bathrooms in pale aqua with white trim and pale butter yellow accent - looks great. I have woodgrain floors.

If the teal isn't very dominant, you probably could use most any color. I'd probably stay in the warm colors with the except of the aqua which looks great with browns and whites. Also a pale yellow or pale peach would look good.

saggdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

painting bathroom

I would stick with more neutral colors because of the fact that it is a bathroom. Without seeing your bathroom it's hard to tell for sure, but, in general, you want to avoid dark colors in the bathroom; research has suggested that some people may feel more stressed out in rooms with darker colors. That's certainly not how you want to feel in a room where you will be going to try and relax in the shower, etc.

I think that teal, while pretty and actually a nice match, will be too bold of a color in that area. I would shoot for perhaps a much lighter beige/brown.
DarthPainter is offline   Reply With Quote