Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Paint selection

All things being equal pricewise, which SW grade would be the best to use for interior? Using some pretty dark colors over existing white.

Duration, Superpaint, Cashmere...which covers best, best to work with etc.

Thanks...

JP in Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Chaos Engineer

Paint selection

I have use all of them and found little to no difference in ease of use. There is however a differance in the finish. so be careful and ask the salesperson what finish would be best for your application.

Big N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #3

Paint selection

I think you're going to get better performance from the Duration. Depending on how dark the color is you might not be able to use the Cashmere or interior Superpaint though. A couple of years ago you couldn't get the Cashmere or Superpaint interior in Ultradeep colors. Save yourself some money and buy the correct grey color primer.
AlabamaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #4

Paint selection

I'm currently in the middle of a whole house paint job. I've been using SW paint almost exclusively for the project. As mentioned before, very dark/rich colors will not be available in some SW products. Superpaint is my product of choice, however even the superpaint was not able to accomodate the very dark brown color we chose for our bathroom. For that, we had no choice but to move up to Duration.
The Duration is indeed a nice product. Great coverage and finish. However, for anything less than the darkest colors, I still feel superpaint is the best SW paint for the money.
PS- If you haven't already, sign up for SW prefered customer program on the SW website. 10% off just about everything.
Tedstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #5

Paint selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedstor View Post
I'm currently in the middle of a whole house paint job. I've been using SW paint almost exclusively for the project. As mentioned before, very dark/rich colors will not be available in some SW products. Superpaint is my product of choice, however even the superpaint was not able to accomodate the very dark brown color we chose for our bathroom. For that, we had no choice but to move up to Duration.
The Duration is indeed a nice product. Great coverage and finish. However, for anything less than the darkest colors, I still feel superpaint is the best SW paint for the money.
PS- If you haven't already, sign up for SW prefered customer program on the SW website. 10% off just about everything.
The store by me is having 40% off next saturday....so that brings all of their paints down to reality prices...mid 20s or so per gallon. THe SW store basically told me Duration in high traffic areas or for really dark colors, Superpaint or cashmere for everything else. He said Duration is bad for rooms with really tall ceilings, not sure what that means.
JP in Mich is offline   Reply With Quote