Paint Party!!!! Ideas? - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

paint party!!!! ideas?

ok so i bought my first house and im finishing up my projects and paint will be next, im thinking of having a paint party and have about 10 people over and help paint. i would like some ideas on what to do. i will have food, drinks and snacks. it will be on a sunday am going on into the afternoon and all. what else should i have or get?

Advertisement

fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
(the original)

Rewards Points: 642

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian View Post
ok so i bought my first house and im finishing up my projects and paint will be next, im thinking of having a paint party and have about 10 people over and help paint. i would like some ideas on what to do. i will have food, drinks and snacks. it will be on a sunday am going on into the afternoon and all. what else should i have or get?
Paint, bucket openers, stir sticks, brushes, rollers and covers, extension handles, stepladders, trays, dropcloths, rags and low expectations...........

Advertisement

ratherbefishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #3

paint party!!!! ideas?

well i know that. im talking about other things besides the supplies and materials. party stuff i guess
Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
(the original)

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian View Post
well i know that. im talking about other things besides the supplies and materials. party stuff i guess
Well, jeeeez.....not knowing anything about you and your friends makes that kind of tough.....Kegs? Bongs? Crackpipes? Mariachi band? KY?
Old 02-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #5

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbefishin' View Post
Well, jeeeez.....not knowing anything about you and your friends makes that kind of tough.....Kegs? Bongs? Crackpipes? Mariachi band? KY?
lmao lol
Old 02-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,020

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:
....and low expectations...........
Yeah, and maybe hide the alcohol until after the painting, or at least the trimwork, is done.
Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,000

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:

You are so funny!
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #8
Man of many hats

Rewards Points: 272

paint party!!!! ideas?

Just tell people Yuumy is coming and you'll have a whole slew of contractors there to finish your house! They'll probably even bring their own party suplies!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 502

paint party!!!! ideas?

I would make sure you have a LOT of beverages (non-alcoholic) on hand, maybe toss some Gatorade into the mix. I know that every time I paint, I get dried out...

That said, nothing beats a cold Lager or two and some pizza after the job is done.

If you have a "paint party", I strongly suspect you will have to resign yourself to re-doing some of the work after all this is over. Some people just aren't going to do a very good job, so you may end up with drip marks, bad cut-ins, etc. on some of the work.

SirWired
sirwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 1,000

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler View Post
Just tell people Yuumy is coming and you'll have a whole slew of contractors there to finish your house! They'll probably even bring their own party suplies!
Wrangler, if Yummy comes to the party, there wouldn't be any contractors, I would do the job myself......................

I can kick any contractors butt..........
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 2,000

paint party!!!! ideas?

Lap dances would do it for me
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #12
Drywall contractor

Rewards Points: 1,044

paint party!!!! ideas?

Wow! Let the party begin......
I'd have to agree though, not booze 'til after clean up.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 500

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondesense View Post
Yeah, and maybe hide the alcohol until after the painting, or at least the trimwork, is done.
Agree 100% with Blondesense, but for a different reason.

Alcohol of any kind is a sedative. People who drink alcohol won't be good to do much of anything because their energy will be sapped. Sugar (glucose) does much the same thing. It raises your blood sugar level, and that triggers an insulin response, and then you crash as the insulin in your blood stores the blood sugar as fat.

If it's warm and people are thirsty, provide them with thirst quenching fruit, like watermelon and cantelope slices, orange and grapefruit segments, apple and kiwi fruit slices. The fructose in fruits don't trigger an insulin response like glucose does. Diet soft drinks (gingerale especially) would be a good choice too.

Hopefully an athlete or health food nut will be able to comment further on this stuff. My understanding is that it's alcohol and glucose you want to avoid before any physical exercise to keep up your energy level.

PS: This is off topic, but I can't help thinking that the reason so many people in North America are obese is because the food companies are competing on taste, and there are few ways to make any food taste better than by adding both fat and sugar. All of our favourite snack foods are combinations of fat and sugar (or some form of fat and some form of sugar). Ice cream is dairy fat and sugar, potato chips and french fries are starch (a polymer form of sugar) boiled in cooking oil (which is a form of fat). Donuts are starch boiled in cooking oil. Just today I was in a grocery store, and I noticed that canned sliced peaches have sugar added to them. If you ask me, sliced peaches need sugar on them like a rose needs perfume on it.

Mother Nature got it right. Mother Nature made apples and blueberries and strawberries just sweet enough to attract animals to eat the fruit and thereby scatter the seeds. It didn't make the fruit so sweet that the animal would want to lay down and snooze after pigging out on fruit. It's us that did that. The sliced peaches in that can are FAR sweeter than anything that grew on a tree.

PS2: For those that don't know, there are two different kinds of glucose molecules, called alpha-glucose and beta-glucose. If you stack up lots of one kind of those glucose molecules together, the result is cellulose, like wood and cotton. If you stack up lots of the other kind of glucose molecules together the result is starch, like potato and rice. Glucose molecules are made in the leaves by combining water from the roots, CO2 from the air and light from the Sun. The plant then just stacks up those glucose molecules in different ways to make everything in the plant. When wood rots, it's only the fungi's way of taking that cellulose apart to get the glucose molecules to use in it's own metabolic processes. And it's all cuz animals, plants and even fungii all evolved from a primitive single celled something that floated in the oceans billions of years ago converting sunlight, water and CO2 into glucose to survive.

Last edited by Nestor_Kelebay; 02-15-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Nestor_Kelebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 75

paint party!!!! ideas?

You might have unrealistic expectations. No matter how many people you throw at it, you aren't going to get your whole house painted in 6 hours.

Personally I hate painting with other people. Just get out of my way and let me a good job...
Garasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #15
(the original)

paint party!!!! ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy mummy View Post
You are so funny!
Thank you, YM. "Funny" is one of the better things I've been called lately

Advertisement