Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #1

Share |

paint to make look like crown moulding

how do you paint to make it look like crown moulding
paintgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #2

Not saying it can't be done, but paint is only one-dimensional while crown molding is three dimensional. I have seen plaster used as crown molding, but I'm thinking paint is gonna look cheap and unprofessional. I suppose you could paint a swath 6 to 12 inches down onto the walls in either white or the trim color you are using, but I'm thinkin you would be better served to just spend a few extra bucks, buy some crown, and do it up right.
Gymschu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Super Master Painter

look at the advertisment at the bottom of the page..............hes doing a blue ''crown molding'' with white walls lol ................how does it look??? ( the ad changes back an forth so you might not see it )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ole34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
remodeling pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintgirl View Post
how do you paint to make it look like crown moulding
Step one...buy and install crown mldng.

Step two...prep and paint.

Step three...Stand back and look, now you have done the only thing I know of that will make paint look like crown mldng.

I watched the linked clips, but did not see anythign but another example of what happens when you give an idiot both a video camera and a computer.
Maybe he should save his money and but some light bulbs so he would not have to paint trim work by candle and fireplace light; with a canvas drop cloth just waiting for an ember to fly out onto it and start a fire. Or was this to set the mood for an evening of romantic painting

Apoligies for being the smart A**, but I could not resist this one.
troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Super Master Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubleseeker View Post
not have to paint trim work by candle and fireplace light; with a canvas drop cloth just waiting for an ember to fly out onto it and start a fire. Or was this to set the mood for an evening of romantic painting
the drop was only in front of the fire for 2.5 mins so not much of a chance for fire .............damn im even faster than mother nature

Last edited by Ole34; 02-09-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Super Master Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubleseeker View Post
I watched the linked clips, but did not see anythign but another example of what happens when you give an idiot both a video camera and a computer.
Maybe he should save his money and but some light bulbs so he would not have to paint trim work by candle and fireplace light; with a canvas drop cloth just waiting for an ember to fly out onto it and start a fire. Or was this to set the mood for an evening of romantic painting

Old 02-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
Super Master Painter

somebody hacked my account

Last edited by Ole34; 02-09-2011 at 04:48 PM.