Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

paint from concrete floor

I am trying to remove paint from a concrete floor. I have tried a paint stripper and sanding it off. So far the sanding works best but I can't get the sand paper to stay on the sander. After a few minutes the sand paper will no longer stick. Any suggestions on how I can remove the paint from the floor? There is a lot of paint around the perimeter of the room where the walls had previously been spray painted when we bought out house.

jfreihaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

If there's enough of it, in all honesty, it would probably be easier to paint the floor than clean paint off of concrete. A pressure washer and a special concrete tip might work, but with that, Katie bar the door. Or, go to a real paint store and explain your situation, purchase some real chemicals. Today's off the shelf paint strippers are closer to after dinner cocktails than paint strippers. Disclaimer: Since we covered suing in the frog tape thread, I am in no way endorsing, or encouraging, paint stripper to be used as an after dinner cocktail, especially before 5:00 pm. lol (added for emphasis)

jsheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

What floor covering is planned to go down once the paint is removed? Is it really nessisary to remove the paint?

a power washer will likely take it right off but may be problematic for usage indoors