Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #1

Share |
Question

New Titan 440 I leaking

Hi I have a brand new titan 440I I just bought on Saturday and was doing the startup requiring mineral spirits to clean out test fluid from the unit after adding oil to the cup, and turning it on the thing started leaking the spirits through the primer/spray control knob and onto the floor...this doesn't look right but I went ahead and kept going to see if it would leak with the latex primer I was using and it didn't ... still I wonder what the deal is with the leaking spirits and the control valve knob????
I saw on the Contractors boards that someone had the same problem... any idea? I'm going to call Dunn Edwards Mon where I bought it and see what the deal is...I'll post what happens...

sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #2

New Titan 440 I leaking

Took the unit in to Dunn Edwards Paints repair center and they ended up just cleaning the valve up and slapping it back together... They didn't change anything but it doesn't appear to leak anymore but we will see the next time I use this thing...until then if anyone else has this sprayer and they have the same prob please post it here...
Thanks

sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote