DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

New Construction: Airless Paint Sprayer questions

6K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  ponch37300 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a new construction, the floors aren't in yet. I got a Titan-XT 250 sprayer for Xmas that I am planning on using for doing the primer in the house, and the color on top.

I am wondering if anybody can give me any tips on how to efficiently cut in to make ceilings and some adjoining walls a different color, while keeping a nice sharp line.

This unit has a 517 tip included.

#3 ·
Just to clarify, you attack the masking take to the corder, and it halve holds some of that plastic that coves off the huge rolls (i used some of this plastic to cover up my windows.

Then on top of that you hold a strip of chardboard (or the light) to lift the paint draft away from the wall.

When you say you tape the other end of the plastic, do you mean that you tape it at the top and the bottom of the corner?

#4 ·
no. It comes on a roll with 1" tape already attached to the plastic. Used on a hand help masker. (ask at a real paint store) After masking along a wall or cabinet, you can then unfold the attached plastic and then use 1 1/2" tape to the other end (width side). The cardboard would be a bit hard to use, I use a paint shield. It is about 3' wide and has a handle. I also use this to cut-in along trim without having to tape them off.

#8 ·
I sprayed my basement about a month ago with a titan 330, think it's almost the same as you have. I did alot of research on here and other sites to learn how to spray. There are some videos on youtube that give you a little idea if you have never sprayed like me. There are alot of threads on this site about first time spraying if you do a search. From what i read most painters spray the ceiling first and then the walls. Use a good quality paint-most of what i read said not to use home depot or lowes paint. It takes a little to get the hang of the sprayer but it's not bad. I bought a strainer to strain the paint. I had a friend back roll after my to even everything out. It takes more time to tape/prep and clean the machine than it does to paint. I used a 517 tip for the whole thing also. Good luck and you will love spraying vs. rolling.

#11 ·
I use these for filters http://www.gleempaint.com/paint-strainers-elastic-top.html
You run the paint threw them before you put your sprayer in the bucket. They are reusable and you should be able to get them at your local paint supply store.

Back rolling is when you or someone else goes behind what you just sprayed with a roller. It evens everything out. It works really good if your wife or friend goes right behind you with a roller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.