Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

nano shield

I am considering Parks water borne poly for an oak wood floor
any one with experience on this product?

rickboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

nano shield

I don't but there are a lot of nano finishes starting to show up out there. They are so new I doubt you will find many of us that have used them yet. And from what I know, most of the technology is appearing in clear finishes, not paints so far. I have read about some incredible nano-tech anti-graffiti clear coats for instance.

You might consider asking this post be moved to the flooring section? Just hit the exclamation point on the lower left of your screen and ask the moderator to make the move? Some of the guys there may have used some of the newer floor finishes. I don't get into floors much. Sorry.

Last edited by user1007; 01-24-2010 at 01:43 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

nano shield

Certainly not looking to give a sales pitch here, but I own a paint store and sell some nano finishes. The one we sell is from a company called EarthPaint. I have used this stuff in my own house and must say I am a convert. This stuff can be tinted - in essence becoming a tinted poly type of product. The durability is amazing and it dries so fast that you can put on multiple coats in a short period of time. Another nice thing about these products is that there is no smell. I am not familiar with the Parks product but I am sure it works pretty much the same way. Earthpaint claims you can put on 4 coats of this stuff on a floor in the morning and move furniture in that same afternoon. Haven't tried that yet but I certainly wouldn't doubt it based on what I have seen so far..

Good luck!
mazzonetv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #4
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,086

nano shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzonetv View Post
Certainly not looking to give a sales pitch here, but I own a paint store and sell some nano finishes. The one we sell is from a company called EarthPaint. I have used this stuff in my own house and must say I am a convert. This stuff can be tinted - in essence becoming a tinted poly type of product. The durability is amazing and it dries so fast that you can put on multiple coats in a short period of time. Another nice thing about these products is that there is no smell. I am not familiar with the Parks product but I am sure it works pretty much the same way. Earthpaint claims you can put on 4 coats of this stuff on a floor in the morning and move furniture in that same afternoon. Haven't tried that yet but I certainly wouldn't doubt it based on what I have seen so far..

Good luck!
Wow! I am not sure I would try that but if you could, what a time saver.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote