Most Durable Interior Paint - Painting - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Most durable interior paint

Getting ready to paint my living room and hallway and I'm trying to decide between BM Aura , SW Duration or Muralo Ultra Ceramic. I only need a gallon or two so price is not an issue. I want the most durable and washable paint of the three. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

slickracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

I haven't worked with any of the above but some of my painting friends have worked with the BM Aura and have said it is one of the best paints that they have worked with regarding covering and levelling. It has a high acrylic content which helps it cover and provide durability. When working with it, I have been told not to back roll into it as it will create streaks due to the self levelling agenst in it or at least backroll carefully.

What colour are you painting and what sheen are you looking at? The higher the sheen, the more durability and scrubability it will have.

Advertisement

prbimaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #3

Matte sheen in BM Lancaster White (light tan)
Old 01-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

BM Aura is supposed to be much more durable. But it has not been around long enough for much field feedback from pros.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Painting Company, NY

Rewards Points: 538

For our premium interior painting we use Duration. Scrubbable, has stain resistant properties, burnish resistant, mold/mildew resistant propertie, and it is a green certified product. We use it for every room in the home, usually including the kitchen and bath. Have never had a problem with it. If you go to our website to our interior painting page you can read about Duration there.
housepaintingny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:34 AM   #6
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,228

Quote:
Originally Posted by housepaintingny View Post
For our premium interior painting we use Duration. Scrubbable, has stain resistant properties, burnish resistant, mold/mildew resistant propertie, and it is a green certified product. We use it for every room in the home, usually including the kitchen and bath. Have never had a problem with it. If you go to our website to our interior painting page you can read about Duration there.

BM Aura will out-preform Duration any day. SW has good products and I have noticed that is all you recommend but they are not necessarily the BEST products out there.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #7
Remodeling Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
BM Aura will out-preform Duration any day. SW has good products and I have noticed that is all you recommend but they are not necessarily the BEST products out there.
not me.... But I use C2 more then BM, but it is not available everywhere.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:40 AM   #8
Remodeling Contractor

Quote:
not me.... But I use C2 more then BM, but it is not available everywhere.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #9
Painting Company, NY

Quote:
Have you ever used Duration? I am not saying it is the best, in order for any one to say what the best is they would have to had used every product out there and done test on every product they have used, I only recommend products that I have used, I am not going to recommend products that I'm not that familiar with. I don't deal with BM unless I have to. I have a great reputation with my SW dealer and representative, so I stick with them. I have never had a problem with any SW product and that's why I only use SW and warranty SW in writing. Pretty much any quality latex with acrylic binders in it will last many years on an interior.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #10
Painting Company, NY

As I previously mentioned from my experience I recomened Duration. We have used it in hundreds of homes and have never had a problem.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #11
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,228

I have used plenty of Duration as well as most other SW products. I have also used BM,Duron,ICI,Muralo,Glidden,P&L, Pittsburgh, etc,etc,( hate to admit it but Behr, American Traditions and Valspare also) and all I was saying is that there are lots of other paints out there that will out preform Duration.The last 3 in parenthesis will out perform nothing.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by housepaintingny View Post
As I previously mentioned from my experience I recomened Duration. We have used it in hundreds of homes and have never had a problem.
How does application compare to Superpaint? I used about 20 gallons a few years ago and really liked how the paint applied.

Advertisement