DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Painting (
-   -   Matching plaster texture (

DTSpangler54 12-10-2006 01:52 PM

Matching plaster texture
2 Attachment(s)
I have a home built in 1950. I replaced a large fixed window (6'x8') with a smaller (4'x8') operable window. Under the new window is a new smooth GWB wall. Now I need to match the original swirling plaster pattern. It is a smooth finish with many coats of paint over it. There are places where they may have pressed a rag or cloth into it. Two photos are attached. Any suggestions on how to create this texture?


joewho 12-10-2006 11:13 PM

you might want to try the drywall forum, or search for a plaster forum.

The bottom pic looks like it might be a variation of the old time coffee can method. They used to use the bottom of cans to get the circles. Usually on ceilings.

That looks like a can, some more manipulation and burnishing (sanding). But, I'm not a plaster man.

The top picture....I have no idea.

Dwallguy 01-01-2007 08:57 PM

Try a wet towl or rag that should do it with a coffee can

joewho 01-02-2007 03:21 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.