DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Love my Purdy + SW Duration!

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  J187 
#1 ·
We just did our big painting project (it was HOT! 100 degrees!!). Sprayed white (next time we'd hire somebody to sand and backroll :yes: and get a real respirator) and now rolling color. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Purdy brush and the SW Duration paint. My first (bright apple green kitchen wall) was SW Cashmere. Nice. Then I did the child's bedroom in Duration some sort of purple and it was sooooo smooth!! I could have painted all day!!

When I did the green I use painter's tape on one end. But then I found that with my brush I could paint really straight lines. So the area with no tape was awesome and the one with the painter's tape had some leaks :( and tomorrow I'm going to have to touch it up.

Before I had to focus really hard to get straight lines and today it was painless. I love my Purdy so much I got it a brush and paint cleaner so that it's always pretty.

I spent the $$ on a nice roller handle, Woolster, and rollers, Purdy, and they were awesome! No blisters and my walls are so pretty!!!

Bottom line is: don't skimp :no:

Thought I'd share

See less See more
#5 ·
I recently used a Ben moore paint on a new office we built. I liked it a lot, but not as much as I have like ANY of the SW products I've used so far. The only difference I've noticed that might be a little better about the BM is that the BM paint was dry and FULLY hardened in like 3 days. Although dry in 24 hours like the BM, the SW took a full 7 days to FULLY harden.

#6 ·
Update - My hallway now is brimming with a fresh coat of SW Duration. I do think it went on slightly smoother than the superpaint from SW. I'll have to wait a couple days before I can assess the finish, but so far it looks amazing. I have been very impressed so far with my sherwin williams superpaints as far as application, finish, cleaning, etc. The Duration, although a little more expensive seems worth the extra money. I like this paint much better than the Benjamin Moore that I applied, which has since dulled a bit on the wall.

#7 ·
love the sw duration too!

I got tired of repainting my galvanized gutters every 18 months. Stuff just kept falling off no matter what kind of prep or primer I used. Then someone introduced me to the duration paint. Of course I was hesitant at first since it was $42.00 a gallon, but it has been well worth it!

#8 ·
Yep I own about 15 Purdy Extraglide 3" brushes and buy Duration every chance I get!

Sherwin is best~Forget the rest. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2 coats of duration is like 3 coats of anything else:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.