Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Painting

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #1

Share |

Love my Purdy + SW Duration!

We just did our big painting project (it was HOT! 100 degrees!!). Sprayed white (next time we'd hire somebody to sand and backroll and get a real respirator) and now rolling color. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Purdy brush and the SW Duration paint. My first (bright apple green kitchen wall) was SW Cashmere. Nice. Then I did the child's bedroom in Duration some sort of purple and it was sooooo smooth!! I could have painted all day!!

When I did the green I use painter's tape on one end. But then I found that with my brush I could paint really straight lines. So the area with no tape was awesome and the one with the painter's tape had some leaks and tomorrow I'm going to have to touch it up.

Before I had to focus really hard to get straight lines and today it was painless. I love my Purdy so much I got it a brush and paint cleaner so that it's always pretty.

I spent the $$ on a nice roller handle, Woolster, and rollers, Purdy, and they were awesome! No blisters and my walls are so pretty!!!

Bottom line is: don't skimp

Thought I'd share

putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Congratulations!

You're now a painting wiz

slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
Pro Painter

Alright! Another vote for my favorite interior paint. Glides on like silk....even looks like silk once it's on there.
AAPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #4

I may have to use that on my next interior. Have heard much about it.
SgtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #5
They're all fixer-uppers

I recently used a Ben moore paint on a new office we built. I liked it a lot, but not as much as I have like ANY of the SW products I've used so far. The only difference I've noticed that might be a little better about the BM is that the BM paint was dry and FULLY hardened in like 3 days. Although dry in 24 hours like the BM, the SW took a full 7 days to FULLY harden.
J187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #6
They're all fixer-uppers

Update - My hallway now is brimming with a fresh coat of SW Duration. I do think it went on slightly smoother than the superpaint from SW. I'll have to wait a couple days before I can assess the finish, but so far it looks amazing. I have been very impressed so far with my sherwin williams superpaints as far as application, finish, cleaning, etc. The Duration, although a little more expensive seems worth the extra money. I like this paint much better than the Benjamin Moore that I applied, which has since dulled a bit on the wall.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #7

I got tired of repainting my galvanized gutters every 18 months. Stuff just kept falling off no matter what kind of prep or primer I used. Then someone introduced me to the duration paint. Of course I was hesitant at first since it was $42.00 a gallon, but it has been well worth it!
Eric_ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #8
Painting Contractor

Yep I own about 15 Purdy Extraglide 3" brushes and buy Duration every chance I get!

Sherwin is best~Forget the rest.

2 coats of duration is like 3 coats of anything else
Paintguy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #9
They're all fixer-uppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintguy26 View Post
Yep I own about 15 Purdy Extraglide 3" brushes and buy Duration every chance I get!

Sherwin is best~Forget the rest.

2 coats of duration is like 3 coats of anything else
I agree, I swear the only I put the second coat on my hallway is because I paid for the paint.